O1470 : Medieval parish church, Ballygarth

taken 25 years ago, near to Ninch East, Mosney, an Inse and Painestown, Meath, Ireland

Medieval parish church, Ballygarth
Medieval parish church, Ballygarth
In ruins since the 17th century, Ballygarth parish church has the unusual dedication to St. George. It stands in the grounds of Ballygarth Castle, home to the Netterville family in the medieval period, passing to Pepper as a result of the Cromwellian Plantation.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kieran Campbell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
O1470, 2 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 August, 1993   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 2 September, 2007
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! O 1460 7057 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:40.3486N 6:16.0025W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! O 1460 7056
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for O1470) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 358 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register