J4893 : Black Head Lighthouse, Whitehead

taken 4 months ago, near to Whitehead, Northern Ireland

Black Head Lighthouse, Whitehead
Black Head Lighthouse, Whitehead
This image was taken from the entrance gate.
Blackhead Lighthouse
The octagonal lighthouse was designed by William Douglass, Engineer to the Commissioners of Irish Lights, and became operational in 1902. Originally painted red, this was changed to white in 1929. The lighthouse was converted to run on electricity on the 23rd September 1965; it now has a light visible for 27 nautical miles. Full time lightkeepers were withdrawn on 31st July 1975. The adjoining house was purchased by the Irish Landmark Trust and is now available to rent as self-catering accommodation.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eric Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
J4893, 89 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 30 June, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 2 July, 2017
Geographical Context
Coastal  Roads, Road transport  Docks, Harbours 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! J 487 934 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:46.0207N 5:41.3644W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! J 487 934
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 12 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register