J3372 : Interior of the Palm House

taken 11 years ago, near to Beal Feirste, Belfast County Borough, Shankill, Windsor and Stranmillis, Northern Ireland

Interior of the Palm House
Interior of the Palm House
An interior shot of the Palm House in Botanic Gardens, Belfast - see J3372 : The Palm House, Botanic Gardens, Belfast.
The connecting doors between the east wing, central dome and the west wing.
Palm House, Botanic Gardens

Designed by Charles Lanyon, the Palm House was built in two stages. The wings were constructed in 1839-40 by Richard Turner of Dublin and the central dome in 1852 by Young of Edinburgh. A magnificent building, it is one of the oldest surviving curvilinear iron and glass structures in the world.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Rossographer and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
J3372, 1212 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 23 January, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 28 January, 2010
Category
Palm house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! J 336 725 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:35.0231N 5:55.9943W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! J 336 725
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 41 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register