M2925 : Interior of St, Augustine's: Galway City

taken 12 years ago, near to Gaillimh, Claddagh, Shancroagh, Salt Hill and Terryland, Galway, Ireland

Interior of St, Augustine's: Galway City
Interior of St, Augustine's: Galway City
Completed in 1859 from Galway limestone, quarried from Angliham and Menlo quarries, this Gothic Church is located in St Augustine Street. In the course of the 1970s renovations, the original window over the main altar was replaced by the stained glass representation of the Resurrection. The artist was one George Walsh from Dublin who completed the work in August, 1968.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright louise price and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
M2925, 467 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 August, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 22 August, 2010
Category
Religious buildings > Church (Roman Catholic)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! M 298 250 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:16.2998N 9:3.1591W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! M 298 250
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 275 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register