J6050 : St. Patrick's Catholic Chapel

taken 13 years ago, near to Portaferry, Co Down, Northern Ireland

St. Patrick's Catholic Chapel
St. Patrick's Catholic Chapel
The present church was built in 1762 by Rev James Teggart to replace the old Mass House. In 1836 it was described as a large chapel with 23 uneven windows. Extensive repairs and some rebuilding was carried out by Rev. James McAleenan in 1831 and the Rev James Killen enlarged the church in 1845 by building the western wing. During his three years as Parish Priest the Rev G Crolly built the present sacristy and the bell tower, which was completed in December 1914.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
J6050, 45 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
Date Taken
Wednesday, 23 March, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 27 March, 2011
Category
Church (Catholic)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! J 602 504 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:22.6331N 5:32.0979W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! J 602 505
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for J6050) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 495 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
Background for photo viewing: White / /
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register