O1333 : The former St. James's Church, 121-122 St. James's Street, Dublin

taken 11 years ago, near to New Kilmainham, Islandbridge, Harold's Cross, Dolphin's Barn and Phibsborough, Dublin, Ireland

The former St. James's Church, 121-122 St. James's Street, Dublin
The former St. James's Church, 121-122 St. James's Street, Dublin
The church, which is the third on this site, dates from 1859 and was designed by Joseph Welland. It was a Church of Ireland (Anglican) church but became surplus to requirements and closed in 1963. The deconsecrated church was later used by Lighting World Limited. They suffered in the recession, and were wound up in June 2009. Although their signs were still outside, when photographed in September 2010 the building was disused. The adjoining graveyard, in use since the late 12th century, was being transferred to the care of Dublin City Council.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright P L Chadwick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
O1333, 26 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 12 September, 2010   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 3 September, 2011
Geographical Context
Religious sites  City, Town centre  Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! O 139 339 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:20.6307N 6:17.4350W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! O 138 339
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Former Church (Church of Ireland)  Former Lighting Showroom 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 691 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register