N7276 : Virginia Road Station

taken 7 years ago, near to Kells, Meath, Ireland

Virginia Road Station
Virginia Road Station
Virginia Road Station was on the Dublin & Belfast Junction Railway's branch line from Drogheda to Navan and Oldcastle, built in 1863, which the Great Northern Railway took over in 1876. Passenger services ceased in 1958, and the section from Navan to Oldcastle closed completely in April 1963. The station building has recently been restored and is now in use by a cheese manufacturer. At the east end is the stone built road overbridge, which had steps leading down to the platform. The station was located some miles south from the actual village of Virginia, with the word 'Road' emphasising its distance.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John Attfield and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
N7276, 5 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 10 August, 2012   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 25 August, 2012
Geographical Context
Railways 
Former (from Tags)
Railway Station 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! N 720 762 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:43.8653N 6:54.5523W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! N 721 762
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Railway Station (Disused)  Railway Station Buildings (Former) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for N7276)
This page has been viewed about 80 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register