O2239 : Train at Howth Junction - (1)

taken 44 years ago, near to Kilbarrack, Raheny, Baile Duill, Sutton and Balgriffin, Dublin, Ireland

Train at Howth Junction - (1)
Train at Howth Junction - (1)
Situated some 4.67 miles north of Dublin (Connolly), Howth Junction is the junction for the suburban branch to Howth. The branch opened to Sutton in 1846 and to Howth in 1847. Double-track throughout, the character of the branch changed completely on completion of the Howth – Bray electrification in 1984. Still in its delivery colours, CIÉ B141 class diesel locomotive No. B161 heads the 14.30 Dublin – Belfast “Enterprise” past the junction.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright The Carlisle Kid and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
O2239, 16 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 9 August, 1975   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 8 December, 2012
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Business, Retail, Services  Suburb, Urban fringe  Railways  Flat landscapes 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! O 227 394 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.4812N 6:9.3564W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! O 227 394
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 228 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register