S5301 : Church of the Immaculate Conception, Fenor, Co. Waterford

taken 11 years ago, near to Fennor, Co Waterford, Ireland

Church of the Immaculate Conception, Fenor, Co. Waterford
Church of the Immaculate Conception, Fenor, Co. Waterford
Designed by Walter G. Doolin and completed and brought into use late in 1894, although some parts were finished later. The church is on the site of and incorporates part of the earlier church, which dated from the early 19th century, and was known as The Church of Our Lady's Nativity. Because the appearance of the new church was one of grayness, the architect decided to relieve this by using some red terracotta bricks which can be seen today. This material called Ruabon brick was imported from Ruabon in Wales.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright P L Chadwick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
S5301, 8 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
Date Taken
Saturday, 11 May, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 7 June, 2013
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! S 530 013 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:9.7107N 7:13.5654W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! S 529 013
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church (Catholic) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for S5301)
This page has been viewed about 159 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
Background for photo viewing: White / /
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register