O1334 : Dublin, Heuston Railway Station

taken 8 years ago, near to Islandbridge, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin, Heuston Railway Station
Dublin, Heuston Railway Station
The station opened on 4 August 1846 as the terminus and headquarters of the Great Southern and Western Railway (GS&WR). It was originally called Kingsbridge Station after the nearby Kings Bridge over the River Liffey. In 1966, on the 50th anniversary of the Easter Rising it was renamed "Heuston Station", in honour of Seán Heuston, an executed leader of the Rising, who had worked in the station's offices.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
O1334, 166 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
Date Taken
Tuesday, 12 July, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 20 November, 2016
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  City, Town centre  Railways 
Camera (from Tags)
Panasonic DMC-G7 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! O 137 342 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:20.7938N 6:17.5275W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! O 138 343
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
19th Century  Nineteenth Century  Railway Station  Dublin City Centre 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 67 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
Background for photo viewing: White / /
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register