N9936 : Leixlip Louisa Bridge railway station, County Kildare

taken 2 years ago, near to Easton, Leim an Bhradain and Castletown, Kildare, Ireland

Leixlip Louisa Bridge railway station, County Kildare
Leixlip Louisa Bridge railway station, County Kildare
Opened in 1848 as "Louisa Bridge and Leixlip", by the Midland Great Western Railway on what is today the line from Dublin to Sligo, this station was renamed "Leixlip" in 1851. It closed in 1947 but reopened in 1981 with the start of a new Dublin-Maynooth commuter service. It became "Leixlip Louisa Bridge" in 1990 with the opening of a second Leixlip station at "Confey", and was rebuilt in the form shown in 2008.
View south west towards Maynooth and Sligo.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Thompson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
N9936, 10 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 16 December, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 21 December, 2019
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  City, Town centre  Railways 
Primary Subject of Photo
Railway Station 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! N 994 365 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:22.1959N 6:30.4077W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! N 994 366
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Railway Station  Train Station  Iarnród ÉIreann  CIE (Córas Iompair ÉIreann)  Midland Great Western Railway 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph  · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 58 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register