N9964 : Balrath wayside cross

taken 12 years ago, near to Balrath, Meath, Ireland

Balrath wayside cross
Balrath wayside cross
Originally stood on road to Duleek from Balrath crossroads. Moved to west side of the Dublin - Slane road in 1939. Recently moved again to present location in the graveyard of the medieval Ballymagarvey church. Erected for John Broin c. 1580. Inscription states that it was beautified in 1727 by Sir Andrew Aylmer and his lady Catherine Aylmer.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kieran Campbell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
N9964, 6 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 30 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 30 March, 2008
Category
Memorial > Wayside cross   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! N 999 646 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:37.3122N 6:29.4577W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! N 999 646
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 122 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register